Sunday, August 8, 2010

The Process....

Hey everyone. Its 3 am and I'm wide awake, but tired. I'm in my apartment but not here at all...unpacking and doing laundry, started the coffee, and beginning the process of shifting back to this lifestyle and my surroundings. Thats the easy part....the physical part....what isn't so easy is the inside job....

As I begin to type, the emotion within stirs as just a short time ago we left our family in Uganda. I have been on many trips and missions to Africa, but this one was very special in a lot of ways. As we flew yesterday, I thought that somehow this transition may be easier this time...but I was so very wrong.

This team of 10 was truly wonderful. I wont go into a lot of details, but this team was truly the most wonderful group I've had the pleasure to work with. I would travel and work with them all again anywhere, anytime...they are all very special people with giant hearts and giving spirits....we shared many laughs together and we leaned on one another for support as we said our good by's to the children, women and men who we grew close with during those 11 days.

The pictures that will be posted and shared on face book will tell the story of how working hard together, much can be accomplished. How all of our collective hearts had come together working towards a common goal and the results are visible in those pictures. You can see that with your eyes....my heart wants you to know the rest....

Blogs can be lengthy and repetitive so I wont do that here. I try to be short and say to you that each Africa experience is different. The teams that go, the place where you work, the people you meet. The impact within from the experiences you are part of. You connect with that special favorite child, bond with one of the guys your digging a ditch with, or see the wisdom in the eyes of an elder who has lived the hard years of African life who has you reflect on the blessings we live with here daily.....they are our teachers....

This trip has been all that for me. An inspiration. I connected with many, learned from most, and the children have inspired me to work harder than ever and do my best back here to raise awareness and support for the Koi Koi house project. I have not looked at any pictures yet but can clearly see the 11 days as they unfolded. I can feel the hands of the kids grabbing mine from behind as I'm walking..out of the blue....not knowing where I was going...but wanting to come along with me and hold my hand along the way....they didn't know it but they were giving me so much each time they did that.....they are our teachers....


Enough for now....

Peace,

John

No comments:

Post a Comment